- 1 Gaining XP
- 2 Finding the total number of XP
- 3 Finding the XP of a given course
- 4 Language level
- 5 See also
- 6 References
The following activities result in gaining XP as of 12 March 2022:
- Successfully completing a lesson will reward 10 XP.
- Achieving several correct answers in a row during a lesson can lead to getting up to 5 additional XP as a Combo Bonus.
- Completing a practice using the practice button will award 10XP + the Combo Bonus (which varies from 0-5xp).
- Successfully testing out of a unit will award 20 XP in mobile. No combo bonus is applied here.
- Successfully testing out of various units will award 50 XP. No combo bonus is applied.
- Successfully completing a story will award you 14-28 XP depending on the set number of the story.
- Successfully completing a training will award you 20 XP. No combo bonus is applied.
On mobile and web, you recieve a 15 minute 2x XP bonus as a reward for completing a unit.
Finding the total number of XP
Your number of XPs and those of your friends can be seen in the friends ranking section.
Finding the XP of a given course
You can check this by going to your profile and clicking a course flag. As you click on that, a list with all your courses and the XP for them will appear.
In addition to providing a way to track your daily activity and compete with your friends, XP also determine your language "level". This "level" is a measure of how much work you have put into the language. It is not a measure of your "level of mastery" in the language, which was measured by the now discontinued fluency badge.
Each level requires reaching a certain amount of XP. The maximum level is 25. The XP requirements for each level are shown in the table to the right.
In May 2019, language levels stopped appearing on the main page when hovering the language flag.